Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'm here!

It has been a super busy week. Lots of packing, traveling, unpacking, walking, cleaning and exploring. I might be living in a tiny, expensive apartment with one cat and no furniture (well, I have an air mattress on loan), but I am now a New Yorker. Totally worth it. Can't wait for my better half to arrive.


To add to the madness that is moving across the country by plane, I had a job interview Friday. Make that dream-job interview. It is exactly the type of job I want, at the type of magazine I want, and with a boss I want to know so badly that I'll do almost anything. Hopefully my book will spark something in her that makes her want to give me a chance. Cross your fingers that things look up in the job department soon for both of us.


I've got some pics from the first few days. We have a great view of the East River from near our building, and I took a walk along it earlier. It felt so great to be near real, almost-ocean water again. I know what you're thinking: isn't the Mississippi River real water? Not so much. The fact that its thousands of miles to an ocean from St. Louis' stretch of the Mississippi is so disheartening compared to the thought of the ocean being just a mile or two away from me.


View of the East River and Triboro Bridge from UES


A shot from a nice trip to Zabar's and Central Park with Marina and Anthony


Joey making himself at home, as it should be

No comments:

Post a Comment